Tuesday 23 March 2010

Solve Sundsbo















Solve Sundsbo is a Norwegian photographer who's style is completely undefined. In my opinion, it's bizarre but totally eye-catching. He completely transforms every image into something interesting and different. When asked whether he considered himself to possess a certain style he said, "If I've got a style, it's that I've got no style". He combines and incoperates everything from X-rays, 3D scanning, hi tech manipulation and laborious hand-painted retouching. His portfolio includes shoots for Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Gucci, Hermes, Bally and Armani. He has recently been described as 'fashion photography's hottest new star'!

*

These are some of my favourite photos by Sundsbo. I love how he combines contrasting colours to create an exciting and slightly bizarre look. I think his use of shadow to create pattern is genius! And I love the yellow lipstick - and, of course the smoky red lips, which for some reason I'm reminded of a vampires when I look at that image!

xx