Wednesday 23 June 2010








A few pieces from Chanel's Cruise 2010 collection. It was hosted on Lido Beach in Venis. Coco Chanel visited Venice in 1919, and was so transfixed by the city, she ended up living there for ten years! (Jealous, me?!)
This collection of Karl's is inspired by Venice; the people, the atmosphere and of course the fashions. To me, I get the impression this collection is chanelling a subtle '30s vibe, with the chic pencil skirts, coloured tights, intricate lace, antique brooches and billowing capes.
The pieces contrast nicely with the fearsome jewellery in the form of layered cuffs and spiked rings. They have also been toughened up with black nails and smoky eyes, which are the total opposite of the doll like hair. Notice the capes are styled bare foot, an interesting twist, non? I would give a pair of louboutins to visit Venice one day...and needless to say I'll be dreaming of arriving in stylish Chanel couture!
*sigh*
xx